沿革  History

大正3(1914)年11月3日

山梨県南巨摩郡(現南アルプス市)増穂村出身の実業家 樋口半六(初代社長加賀美東一岳父)横浜市太田町で日吉回漕店を創業、港湾運送事業を始める。


大正12(1923)年9月

関東大震災により店舗、船舶、車輌等の全てを焼失。


大正13(1924)年11月

店舗を現本店所在地(横浜市住吉町6丁目66番地)に移転新設、業務を再開。


昭和5(1930)年9月

横浜市中区住吉町6丁目66番地に第一倉庫竣工。


昭和5(1930)年10月

東京都日本橋区箱崎町2丁目1番地に東京営業所開設。


昭和6(1931)年2月

横浜市西区高島町11番地 内国貿易地帯に「内貿倉庫」竣工、同年4月に鉄道側線開通。


昭和6 (1931)年9月

満州事変勃発以降、莫大な数量の陸軍燃料廠関係軍需揮発油、潤滑油の本船荷役に従事。


昭和13(1938)年4 月

当社鉄道部門を中核として同業14社を統合、横浜運送株式会社を設立、店主加賀美東一が取締役社長に就任。帝国陸軍燃料廠の油類の輸送・保管を行う為、日新運輸株式会社並びに株式会社金丸回漕店と共に東亜運輸株式会社を設立。


昭和14(1939)年9月

第二次欧州大戦勃発後は横浜港発ウラジオストック港中継シベリア鉄道経由ドイツ向け大量貨物の輸送に従事。


昭和15(1940)年10月

帝国陸軍統制令に依り横浜運送株式会社を統合母体として横浜各駅合同運送会社(現日本通運株式会社横浜支店の前身)設立、従業員と陸上輸送機材一切を供出。


昭和16(1941)年6月

独ソ戦開戦後は、横浜来航ドイツ船舶への軍需物資本船荷役作業を一手に請け負う。


昭和17(1942)年12月

国家総動員法に基づく水上運送等統制令施行に依り、港湾運送関係事業の営業権、従業員の大部分並びに曳船、艀船の全てを統制会社横浜港運株式会社(後に京浜運輸株式会社に改称)に供出、残余の僅かな従業員、倉庫、貨物自動車、機帆船を以て乙仲関係事業を継続。


昭和20(1945)年3月

戦災に因り東京営業所焼失。同年 5月、本店並びに全倉庫が戦災に因り焼失。


昭和20(1945)年10月

本店、内貿倉庫焼け跡並びに出田町埠頭土地(3,900坪)を進駐軍が接収。


昭和21(1946)年1月

横浜市中区宮川町3丁目74番地に本店仮営業所を開設、乙仲関係事業を再開。


昭和22(1947)年1月

東京都港区芝西久保桜川町26番地に東京営業所開設。同年2月、本店仮営業所を木造2階建200坪に増改築。同年4月、横浜市区高島町9番地に高島倉庫竣工。


昭和23(1948)年1月

株式会社に改組、店主加賀美東一代表取締役に就任。同年10月、閉鎖機関令に依り閉鎖機関に指定された京浜運輸株式会社解体に伴い営業権や供出従業員、曳船、艀船の帰属を得て港湾運送事業を再開。


昭和24(1949)年4月

横浜市西区高島町11番地旧内貿倉庫跡地に倉庫を再建。


昭和26(1951)年8月

港湾運送事業法施行による一般港湾運送事業の運輸大臣登録完了。


昭和27(1952)年1月

日本石油精製株式会社横浜製油所の建設に伴い横浜市神奈川区守屋町に営業所を開設、同所建設に係わる資機材輸入業務、重機・建設機械の運用、資機材倉庫の管理運営等を幅広く受注、当社戦後復興の端緒と成り、又得意先工場構内諸作業請負の先駆けと成った。以降昭和33年4月に日本石油化学株式会社塩浜工場、同年10月に千鳥工場、昭和36年8月に日本石油精製株式会社根岸製油所の建設工事関連諸作業も受注、竣工後も構内諸作業や従業員食堂の運営を受注したが、昭和51年に分離、独立させた。


昭和33(1958)年4月

東京都所在一般区域貨物自動車運送事業者日日運輸株式会社の営業権を掌握。同年6月に日吉陸送株式会社と改称、当社陸運部門を同社に移管。


昭和34(1959)年2月

旧本店敷地が駐留軍より接収解除、返還され日吉ビル(鉄筋コンクリート4階建、延べ2,145m2)を建設、本店を移転。


昭和34(1959)年4月

宮崎県日向市細島667番地に南九州細島営業所を開設。


昭和36(1961)年12月

福岡県戸畑市(現北九州市)川代町商港埠頭に営業所並びに倉庫を開設、八幡製鐵株式會社(現新日鐵住金株式会社)八幡製鐵所向け製鋼副原料のジャスト・イン・タイムデリバリー方式「出保管倉庫システム」の運用を開始。同営業所の営業権、施設は昭和51年1月に日本重化学工業株式会社子会社の日重商事株式会社(現日鐵運輸倉庫株式会社)に譲渡。


昭和37(1962)年11月

株式会社鐵興社の宮崎県日向市への工場進出計画に伴い、原料や製品の本船荷役、工場構内諸作業を受注すべく日向運輸株式会社株式の過半を買収、当社社長加賀美東一が社長に就任。


昭和39(1964)年4月

株式会社鐵興社日向工場(現東ソー日向株式会社)開設に伴い、原料(マンガン鉱石)の本船荷役、通関、生産ラインの保守整備作業等の構内作業を受注。


昭和39(1964)年6月

港湾運送事業京浜港第1種、3種、4種の新免許取得。


昭和39(1964)年7月

神奈川県厚木市戸田長淵2500番地に厚木営業所を設置、生コンクリートの輸送業務を開始、平成9年1月、同事業を昇和輸送株式会社に譲渡。


昭和40(1965)年4月

大阪市西区江戸堀1丁目104番地に大阪事務所を開設。同年12月、内貿倉庫を鉄筋コンクリート4階建1,200坪に改築、高島埠頭倉庫竣工。


昭和42(1967)年10月

大阪事務所を神戸市葺合磯上通4丁目1-5に移転、神戸営業所開設。


昭和43(1968)年9月

同年11月の八幡製鐵株式会社(現新日鐵住金株式会社)君津製鐵所の第1高炉火入れに依る銑鋼一貫体制確立に伴い、同所構内に営業所並びに合金鉄倉庫(第一期工事1,769m2)を建設、八幡製鐵所に引き続き「製鋼原料等出保管システム」の運用を開始。


昭和44(1969)年10月

君津製鐵所第2高炉火入れに伴い君津合金鉄倉庫第二期工事(1,074m2)竣工。


昭和46(1971)年7月

京浜港に於ける港湾運送事業を三星運輸株式会社と統合日三運輸設立。統合に依り港湾運送事業京浜港第1種、3種、4種免許並びに横浜通関業免許返納。


昭和46(1971)年9月

君津製鐵所第3高炉火入れ(粗鋼年産1,000万t体制確立)に伴い君津合金鉄倉庫第三期工事(1,073m2)竣工。


昭和47(1972)年3月

東京、神戸両営業所を日三運輸株式会社に譲渡。同年10月 江東営業所を千葉県香取郡神崎工業団地東芝モノフラックス株式会社構内に移転、神崎営業所開設。


昭和51(1976)年5月

日吉商事株式会社より建築資材・機器販売、給排水・空調・電気工事請負部門を移管、機工部開設。


昭和55(1980)年1月

古物商免許を取得し車輌、建設機械、産業機械等や部品の販売を開始。


昭和60(1985)年4月

東洋曹達株式会社(現東ソー株式会社)山形工場構内に事務所を設置、工場構内作業請負を開始。平成11年1月、工場閉鎖に伴い営業を終了。


昭和60(1985)年8月

三井金属鉱業株式会社機器事業部、ダイキャスト事業部の韮崎移転に伴い同所に営業所を設置、構内諸作業を請負う。平成13年12月、同所の営業権を韮崎興産株式会社に譲渡し営業所を閉鎖。


昭和63(1988)年10月

メトロポリタンモーターズ株式会社を設立しBMWデイーラーを開業。同社を平成19年4月譲渡。


平成元 (1989)年4月

宮崎日吉産業サービス株式会社設立、東ソー株式会社日向工場(現東ソー日向株式会社)の構内作業を移管。


平成元 (1989)年12月

米国での事業機会開拓の為、新日本製鐵株式会社(現新日鐵住金株式会社)とインランド・スチール社(現ミッタル・スチール)合弁の冷延ミルI/N Tek社至近の米国インディアナ州サウス・ベンド市に北米日吉(Hiyoshi Corporation of North America)を設立。


平成3 (1991)年2月

Nippon Steel U.S.A., Inc. (現Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal U.S.A., Inc.)と米国三井物産株式会社の要請に依り和食レストラン「ひよし」をサウス・ベンド市 1st Source Bank Center ビル内で開業。


平成3 (1991)年9月

輸入合金鉄(撒)の増加に伴い君津合金鉄倉庫の一部を撒貨物置場に改修。


平成5 (1993)年9月

株式会社日吉回漕店が一般区域貨物自動車運送事業の許可を取得、日吉陸運株式会社より新日本製鐵株式会社(現新日鐵住金株式会社)君津製鐵所関連のトラック輸送業務を移管。


平成6 (1994)年9月

CGLミルI/N Kote向け亜鉛地金の出保管倉庫事業の受注見込みが立たない為、和食レストラン「ひよし」を閉鎖し北米日吉を清算。


平成10(1998)年9月

君津合金鉄倉庫第四期工事(248m2)竣工。


平成14(2002)年2月

日吉ビル(鉄骨鉄筋コンクリート造、7階建、延3,421m2)建替え新築工事竣工し、営業開始。


平成15(2003)年7月

東洋埠頭株式会社川崎支店構内に営業所を設置、三井物産金属原料株式会社(現三井物産スチール株式会社)の鉄スクラップ保管、本船荷役作業を開始。平成21年2月営業所を閉鎖。


平成17(2005)年5月

創業90周年事業として全社で取り組んだ ISO9001 の認定審査が完了し認証取得。


平成17(2005)年8月

千葉県習志野市茜浜に営業所ならびに私営国際埠頭を設置、三井物産金属原料株式会社(現三井物産スチール株式会社)日吉茜浜製鋼原料ターミナルの運営開始、鉄スクラップや合金鉄、その他の輸出入貨物の受入検査、入出庫、保管、本船荷役作業を請負う。平成26年9月営業所を閉鎖。


平成24(2012)年10月

広島県竹原市に南九州細島営業所竹原出張所を開設、三井金属鉱業株式会社竹原製煉所向け原料の「出保管倉庫システム」の運用を開始。


平成26(2014)年1月

君津合金鉄倉庫第五期工事(824m2)竣工、蔵置可能総頓数は1万2千t。


平成26(2014)年10月28日

創業100周年記念祝賀会を帝國ホテル孔雀東の間で開催。

 

平成27(2015)年1月

新日鐵住金株式会社君津製鐵所構内当社君津営業所合金鉄倉庫前に80屯台貫を設置。同年4月、千葉県計量検定所で計量証明事業者の登録を完了。

 

平成27(2015)年3月

横浜商工会議所より創業100年会員企業顕彰を授与。

 

平成28(2016)年12月

全日本トラック協会より安全性優良事業所の認証取得。日本貿易振興機構より新輸出大国コンソーシアムハンズオン支援企業の認証取得。


November 3, 1914

Hanroku Higuchi (the father-in-law of the first president Toichi Kagami), an entrepreneur from Masuho village, Minamikoma-gun (actually Minami-Alps city), Yamanashi established Hiyoshi Kaisoten in Ota-machi, Yokohama launched into the forwarding business.


September 1923

The Great Kanto Earthquake burned down whole offices, warehouses, vessels, vehicles and everything else.


November 1924

The corporate headquarters moved to the current address, business was resumed.


September 1930

Warehouse No.1 completed at 6-66 Sumiyoshi-cho Naka-ku, Yokohama.


October 1930

Tokyo Office established at 2-1 Hakozaki-cho Nihonbashi-ku, Tokyo.


February 1931

Domestic trade warehouse completed in domestic trade zone at 11 Takashima-cho Nishi-ku, Yokohama. Railway siding was opened in April of the same year.


September 1931

After breakout of the Manchurian Incident, we engaged in longshoring, stevedoring and forwarding of a vast amount of gasoline and lubricant of the fuel bureau of the Imperial Army of Japan.


April 1938

Yokohama Forwarding Co., Ltd. established through the integration of 14 railway companies under our Railway Division, with Toichi Kagami appointed as President. Toa Unyu Co., Ltd. established together with Nisshin Transportation Co., Ltd. and Kanemaru Kaisoten Limited to transport and store petroleum for the Fuel Bureau of the Imperial Army of Japan.


September 1939

After breakout of World War II in Europe, we engaged to forward a large amount of cargo to Germany from Yokohama via Vladivostok on the Siberian Railway.


October 1940

Yokohama Kakueki Godo Transport Co., Ltd. (predecessor of current Nippon Express Co., Ltd., Yokohama branch) established with Yokohama Forwarding Co., Ltd. as the core company, in accordance with the control act of the Imperial Army of Japan. All employees and land transportation equipment were provided.


June 1941

After breakout of Russo-German War, we single-handly undertook longshoring, stevedoring and forwarding of the military commodities for German ships berthing at Yokohama port.


December 1942

Enforcement of the control act for water transport, etc. based on the National Mobilization Law, port transportation concessions, the majority of employees and all tug boats and barges provided to control company Yokohama Port Transportation Co., Ltd. (later renamed to Keihin Unyu Co., Ltd.). The freight forwarding business continued operating with the few remaining personnel, warehouses, trucks, and motorized sailboats.


March 1945

The Tokyo Office burned down due to war damage. The Headquarters and all warehouses burned down in May of the same year.


October 1945

The sites of the burnt out Headquarters, domestic trade warehouses and land of the Izuta-cho berth (12,893 m2) were requisitioned by the occupation army.


January 1946

Temporary office for Headquarters opened at 3-74 Miyagawa-cho Naka-ku, Yokohama. Freight forwarding business started again.


January 1947

Tokyo Office opened at 26 Shiba-nishikubo Sakuragawa-cho Minato-ku, Tokyo. In February of the same year, the temporary Headquarters office was extended and renovated into a 2-story wooden building spanning some 661 m2. In April of the same year, the Takashima Warehouse was completed at 9 Takashima-cho, Yokohama.


January 1948

Company changed to a joint-stock corporation, with president Mr. Toichi Kagami appointed as representative director. In October of the same year, Keihin Unyu Co., Ltd., designated as a closed institution in accordance with the closed institution act was dissolved and business rights, supplied employees, tug boats and barges returned and freight forwarding business resumed.


April 1949

Warehouse reconstructed on vacant lot of former domestic trade warehouse at 11 Takashima-cho Nishi-ku, Yokohama.


August 1951

With the implementation of the Port Transport Business Law, registration for the Minister of Transport for general port transport operations was completed.


January 1952

With the construction of Yokohama Oil Refinery of Nippon Oil Refining Company, we set up a branch office in Moriya-cho, Kanagawa-ku, Yokohama and were contracted for duties relatiing to the imports of equipments, its parts and materials, operations of construction machineries, management operations of warehouses, etc. Even after completion of the refinery, we continued to be contracted for various line-maintenance works. In 1958 and 1961, we also set up offices in Yokohama and Kawasaki area to start the same operations. We separated those operations in January, 1976.


April 1958

Assumed business rights of Nichi Nichi Unyu Co., Ltd., general cartage company in Tokyo. In June of the same year, the company changed its name to Hiyoshi Trucking Co., Ltd., and our Land Transportation Division transferred to that company.


February 1959

Upon release of the occupied land, construction began on Hiyoshi Building (reinforced concrete, 4 stories, 2,145m2 floor space) and the headquarters was moved there.


April 1959

The Minami-Kyushu Hososhima Office was opened at 667 Hososhima Hyuga City, Miyazaki.


December 1961

Set up a branch office and opened a warehouse at the pier of a commercial port in Kawashiro-cho, Tobata city (the current Kitakyushu city), Fukuoka. The office handled the just-in-time delivery of steel making materials (ferroalloy, rare metals,and zinc) , so called "Dehokan-soko system" for Yawata Works of Yawata Iron and Steel Company (the current Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal Corporation) We sold this business and facilities to Nichijyu Trading Company in January 1976.


November 1962

As with the new plant construction project of Tekkosha (the current Tosoh Corporation) in Hyuga, Miyazaki, we bought a major share of Hyuga Transport Company, and Mr. Toichi Kagami, our president at the time became the president.


April 1964

With the construction of the Hyuga plant of Tekkosha, (the current Tosoh Hyuga Corporation) , launched into servicing and maintenance of the plant production line, on-premise stevedoring, longshoring, forwarding and customs clearance of materials.


June 1964

New class 1, 3, and 4 freight forwarding licenses for Keihin port acquired.


July 1964

The Atsugi Office was opened at 2500 Toda Nagabuchi, Atsugi City, and the ready-mixed concrete trucking business established. We sold this business to Showa Transport Company in January 1997.


April 1965

The Osaka Office was opened at 1-104 Edobori, Nishi-ku, Osaka City. In December of the same year, the domestic trade warehouse was renovated to a 3,967 m2 4-story reinforced concrete building, and construction of Takashima Berth Warehouse completed.


October 1967

The Osaka Office was moved to 4-1-5 Fukiai Isogami-Dori and the Kobe Office was established.


September 1968

As integrated iron and steel processes were established by lighting the 1st Blast Furnace at Kimitsu Works of Yawata Iron & Steel Company (the present Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal Corporation), we established a branch office and a ferroalloy warehouse (1,769m2 in the first construction period) on the premise of the Kimitsu Works and started to operate the “Dehokan” just-in-time delivery services of steel making materials, following Yawata Works.


October 1969

The second construction period of Kimitsu ferroalloy warehouse (1,074m2) was completed as the 2nd Blast Furnace of Kimitsu Works was lighted.


July 1971

The Nissan Transport Warehouse and Sansei Transport Company established for the freight forwarding business at Keihin Port. The Class 1, 3, and 4 freight forwarding licenses for Keihin Port and the Yokohama customs brokerage license were relinquished to authorities as a result of the merger.


September 1971

The third construction period of Kimitsu ferroalloy warehouse (1,073m2) was completed as the 3rd Blast Furnace of Kimitsu Works (which was capable of producing 10 million tons of crude steel per annum) was lighted.


March 1972

Tokyo Office and Kobe Office transferred to Nissan Transport Warehouse Co., Ltd. In October of the same year, the Koto Office was moved to within the premises of Toshiba Monofrax Co., Ltd. Located in Kouzaki Industrial Park, Katori-gun, Chiba Prefecture, and the Kouzaki Office was opened.


May 1976

Building materials, equipment sales, plumbing, air-conditioning and electrical work contractor business divisions were transferred from Hiyoshi Shoji Co., Ltd., and the Mechanical Engineering Department was established.


January 1980

We took a secondhand dealer license and began to trade vehicles, construction machineries, industrial machineries and its service parts.


April 1985

We set up an office in Yamagata Plant of Tosoh Corporation and began personnel servicing. With the closing of the plant, we closed the office in January 1999.


August 1985

With the removal of the automotive parts & components division of Mitsui Mining and Smelting Company, we set up an office in Nirasaki city, Yamanashi and began personnel servicing. We sold this business to Nirasaki Kosan Limited and closed the office in December 2001.


October 1988

We established Metropolitan Motors Limited as a dealership of BMW, and sold this company in April 2007.


April 1989

Established Hiyoshi Industrial Services Miyazaki Limited, various on-premise jobs at Hyuga plant, Tosoh Corporation were transferred.


December 1989

Hiyoshi Corporation of North America was established in South Bend, Indiana, U.S.A., very close to I/N Tek, a cold-rolling mill company, which was a joint venture between Nippon Steel Corporation (the present Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal Corporation) and Inland Steel Industries, Inc. (the present Mittal Steel Company, N.V.) to break business opportunities in U.S.A.


February 1991

By request from Nippon Steel U.S.A., Inc. (the present Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal U.S.A., Inc.) and Mitsui & Company (U.S.A.), Inc., a Japanese restaurant “Hiyoshi” was opened in a building in 1st Source Bank Center, South Bend, IN.


September 1991

Part of the ferroalloy warehouse was refurbished as a bulk cargo storage space as the import of ferroalloy (bulk) increased.


September 1993

Hiyoshi Kaisoten obtained the license for general cartage and set up an office in Kimitsu, Chiba. Whole land transportation services at Kimitsu Works, Nippon Steel Corporation (the present Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal Corporation) were transferred from Hiyoshi Trucking Company, Limited.


September 1994

Due to poor sales prospects in the zinc “Dehokan-soko” business for CGL Mill I/N Kote, the Japanese restaurant “Hiyoshi” was closed and Hiyoshi Corporation of North America was liquidated.


September 1998

The fourth construction period of Kimitsu ferroalloy warehouse (248m2) was completed.


February 2002

Construction of the Hiyoshi Building (7-story steel reinforced concrete structure, total floor space: 3,421m2) was completed and business operations was started.


July 2003

An office was set up on the premises of the Kawasaki branch of the Toyo Wharf & Warehouse Company, Limited. We undertook storage, stevedoring and longshoring for steel scrap from Mitsui Bussan Raw Materials Development Corporation (the current Mitsui & Company,Steel Limited). We closed the office in Februaly 2009.


May 2005

The examination for ISO9001 certification, a company-wide effort to commemorate the company's 90th anniversary, was completed and the certification was acquired.


August 2005

An office and an international private berth were established at Akane-hama, Narashino, Chiba. The office began to manage of Mitsui & Company,Steel Limited Hiyoshi-Akanehama Steel Making Materials Terminal and took acceptance inspections, storage, stevedoring, longshoring and other operations for steel scrap, ferroalloys and other products. We closed the office in September 2014.


October 2012

Set up Takehara office in Takehara city, Hiroshima started to operate the “Dehokan” just-in-time delivery services of raw materials, for Takehara Refinery of Mitsui Mining & Smelting Company, Limited.


January 2014

The fifth construction period of Kimitsu ferroalloy warehouse (824m2) was completed. The total tonnage of crude steel that can be stored reached 12,000 tons.


October 2014
Celebrations to commemorate the company's 100th anniversary were held at the Peacock Room (East) in the Imperial Hotel.
 
January 2015
An 80-ton truck scale was set up in front of the Kimitsu ferroalloy warehouse at Kimitsu Works, Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal Corporation. In April of the same year, registration as a measurement certification business operator was completed by the Chiba Prefecture Inspection Institute of Weights and Measures.
 
March 2015
Received a certificate commemorating the 100th anniversary of establishment of a member company from the Yokohama Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
 
December 2016
Acquired certification as a safety excellence enterprise from the Japan Trucking Association. Also acquired certification as a Hands-on Support Company for the Consortium for New Export Nation from the Japan External Trade Organization.